Re: development stalled

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: development stalled
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 00:12:15 +0200

Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:

> On 8/13/2019 4:42 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> "Frank Bryce" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Unfortunately Im not a programmer so I dont know how to
>>> help.
>>
>> I am not enthused about our current delays
>
> David K. or other contributors, what would you suggest is a good
> LilyPond development area for beginners to work on?
>
> The documentation seems often suggested, but in my experience it
> mostly looks good already (the English version, anyway)

The main translations in good order tend to be the Romance languages.
The Germanic ones are really trailing, and the slavic ones are basically
in disorder.

> and I still have the same question: what needs work?
>
> The Contributor Guide suggests searching the issue tracker for issues
> labeled "frog," but the most recent one is from 2014. Would this still
> be a good approach?

The problem is that code base problems are not really beginner stuff to
tackle.  There is a lot these days at LSR level that one can get working
on, but there is not a lot of infrastructure (like LaTeX has for
plugging in style files) where loose work like this can be collected in
an organised manner.  One might want to look at the openlilylib stuff.