Re: Wrong \version statements in LSR snippets

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Wrong \version statements in LSR snippets
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 09:49:01 +0200

Am Do., 3. Okt. 2019 um 08:22 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> While doing some first checks on the dump I found that two snippets
> contain `\version' statements newer than 2.18.2 (actually, snippets in
> the LSR shouldn't contain a `\version' statement at all).  Here's the
> complete list.
>
>   888: 2.18.0
>   951: 2.18.0
>   970: 2.21.0 !
>   975: 2.18.0
>  1054: 2.18.2
>  1063: 2.18.2
>  1064: 2.18.2
>  1065: 2.19.80 !
>
> Maybe this should be fixed in LSR?  In particular, it should be
> checked whether the two snippets asking for newer versions do
> correctly compile with the lilypond version used for the LSR (i.e.,
> 2.18.2).

All fixed now.

Some remarks:

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=970
used some 2.19-syntax and omitted default-arguments in functions (not
possible with 2.18.2). I've no clue why LSR accepted it, on my machine
it errors and doesn't return an image with 2.18.2. Now downgraded.

Two snippets were not even approved
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1063
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1064
Done now.

None of said snippets was tagged 'doc', thus they don't appear in our docs.

Thanks,
  Harm