Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 14:41:44 +0200

> On 10 Oct 2019, at 18:45, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I think that we are going to need to move to having somebody with a Mac build
> and provide an OSX 64-bit build for lilypond, rather than using GUB for the
> 64-bit build.

MacPorts can create a standalone installer, one can choose installation
location, and installations in the same location will be merged, so one can
have binaries and docs in two installers if one so likes. A problem with the
lilypond-devel package is that it listed all dependencies for the build as
required for the installer, including GCC, making it very large, so it should
be slimmed down.