Re: ottava signs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: ottava signs
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:14:39 +0200

Malte Meyn <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 11.10.19 um 15:13 schrieb foxfanfare:
>> Hi Malte, this sounds really terrific, thank you very much for your work.
>> How could I test it or include your patch in my score presently? Should I
>> wait for a new release of lilypond (2.19.83)?
>
> You could either compile LilyPond yourself or wait for the release of
> 2.21.0. But I have no idea when that will be … I don’t think that
> these patches will be cherry-picked to 2.19.84.

A week ago I was at the burial of a good friend and orchestra member.
That was pretty distracting.  We currently have a hord of house guests
making it a bit tricky to focus.  While I tend to do most of my work at
night anyway, my sleep schedule is a bit messed up right now.

That being said, I should hope that the final cherry-picking phase for
2.19.85 can happen this weekend and I don't think it makes a lot of
sense to pull in anything but critical stuff into 2.20 after that.