Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 14:57:25 +0100

Am Sa., 4. Jan. 2020 um 14:02 Uhr schrieb Peter Toye <address@hidden>:

> Thanks. CG chapter 2 starts off by saying that LilyDev has everything I
> should need, but then only mentions how to install it under VirtualBox (which
> I don't know at all) in Windows or MacOS. I'm a Linux newbie and haven't used
> Unix since about 2000 (on a Sun box), so it's all a bit of a learning curve.
>
> Should I be looking at lily-git instead?

Nope.

Personally I'd follow "CG 3.2 Starting with Git", doing all stuff
myself where needed. As said before.

If you want a LilyDev then:
For LINUX probably best to download
LilyDev-1-debian.tar.xz
from
https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/releases
and follow the instructions in section "Container" from here:
https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev/tree/master/mkosi

> I'm not an experienced git user, and  it's beginning to look as if a minor
> change to three text files is going to end up with me being swamped in new
> software :)

Well, to submit a patch you'll need git.
Once the setup works, you may want to do more than one patch.

Doing development-work will always come along with some new software ;)
At least the LilyDev-container will help a bit.

Maybe Federico steps in, he knows his stuff best, ofcourse

Cheers,
  Harm