Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 13:20:57 +0000

> Am Sa., 4. Jan. 2020 um 16:44 Uhr schrieb Peter
> Toye <address@hidden>:

> Well, coding new functionality is only one possibility.

...and debugging someone else's code is even worse. Especially in a language I
dn't speak fluently.
But I'm really not familiar in any detail with the whole patching process,
whether or not I use git directly or via LilyDev and/or lily-git and/or git-cl
(the relationship between these components is a bit pobscure to me). And even
when I've worked out exactly what text/code needs to go where, there's the
business of submitting it. CG section 3 says at the head "Send patch files to
the appropriate place:". But I don't have an official mentor (How does one get
one? Ask for one here?), nor am I an "experienced developer" in any way. I
imagine you are.

Also, I'm a Linux newbie - still trying to get my head around the whole
'container' concept. There seem to be a number of different container
management systems: Docker and LXC to name but two. Does it matter which one I
use? My system is systemd-free (on purpose), and the instructions you pointed
out to me earlier imply that I should have it. Is this a show-stopper?

> Sometimes there are typos/grammar/syntax to correct.

That's slightly more my line.

> Furthermore, our documentation always needs people working on it.
> Not being a native speaker I often hesitate
> doing so myself and if I
> try, it's a major task for me...

You could have kidded me - I think your English is at least as good as mine.

> Cheers,
>   Harm

Best regards,

Peter