Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Wol
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 19:05:41 +0000

On 05/01/2020 18:17, Peter Toye wrote:

On 05/01/20 13:20, Peter Toye wrote:

Any particular reason you're systemd-free?
Okay, my pc is, also, but I
run gentoo which defaults to OpenRC.

I decided to go for antiX as I was able to get it to install on my antique laptop, which Ubuntu won't - diesn't have the right driver for the graphics card. And they don't like systemd.

Sounds like the same reason I'm systemd-free - I wanted gentoo for other reasons, and it came with the package :-)

I was engraving some 19th century music which uses rf throughout, and was surprised not to find it built into LilyPond. I created a custom dynamic without difficulty (and several others which aren't built in). It's simply that I thought that adding \rf to the list of "normal" LP dynamics so that it would be useful. The reason I'm installing Linux (which I've not used before) and all the rest is so that I can help the community. I don't expect anything - apart possibly from some advice - for free, and I don't know why you should think I do.

Anyways, I'll give you a little tip, and attach my "dynamics.ily" file.
All my custom dynamics live in here,  and I
include it in any work that
might need them.  I'm *guessing* that it's very similar to the standard
definitions that exist in lilypond,  so all you will need to do is edit
the standard file and they'll appear by magic.
Only snag, if you modify
your local version of lilypond,  they'll
disappear with any upgrade :-(

Thanks - I've got a similar one with a different selection!

I'll have to update mine in line with Malte's comment :-)

Cheers,
Wol