Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 19:58:39 +0000

On 05/01/20 17:22, Malte Meyn wrote:

> Am 05.01.20 um 18:11 schrieb Wols Lists:
>> Anyways, I'll give you a little tip, and attach my "dynamics.ily" file.
>> All my custom dynamics live in here,  and I include it in any work that
>> might need them.  I'm *guessing* that it's very similar to the standard
>> definitions that exist in lilypond, […]
>
> No, it isn’t. Your commands produce TextScripts, not DynamicTexts, so
> they are not vertically aligned with other dynamics. This is how the
> standard definitions look like:
>
>     sfzp = #(make-dynamic-script "sfzp")

Okay. That's fine for things like sfzp, but I've got things like "piu
f", "molto ff", and looking at it, it looks like piu and molto are in a
different font. Iirc, the dynamics font is missing a bunch of
characters, which could be why.

So how would I get that effect? Just putting the whole in a
make-dynamic-script is likely to result in a garbled mess.

(Sorry I'm not trying it out right now, but I'm reading emails, not
doing lilypond and looking for a piece to check it out on :-)

Cheers,
Wol