Re: move some OLL functions to vanilla LilyPond? [was: A suggestion: add

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: move some OLL functions to vanilla LilyPond? [was: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics]
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 09:53:42 +1100

Hi Malte,

\shapeII is a function I use heavily - heavily - in all my work. It's
indispensable for me at least. I'm very familiar with OpenLilyLib, and
contribute a bit to it, so it's not an issue for me, but that's a
function that really ought to go into lilypond core in my view.

As for newbies not using OpenLilyLib, you can't make such as assertion
because you cannot say what their level of experience with computers
and software is, so I don't think that's a pertinent point.

Perhaps ois the NR had instructions for how to install and use
OpenLilyLib as a powerful addon, then it make have more 'street cred'
and become more widely used in the way it is intended, not just copy
and paste of bits. I do think people see it as far outside Lilypond
and don't want to get involved, somehow.

Andrew