Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 16:32:00 -0500

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:59 PM Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 08.01.2020, 14:23 -0500 schrieb Marnen Laibow-Koser:
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:12 PM Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> > > I think GUB just downloads a pre-built version of LilyPad, see the spec
> > > https://github.com/gperciva/gub/blob/master/gub/specs/osx-lilypad.py
> >
> > Isn’t that just the .app wrapper without the LilyPond binaries?  After
> all, the LilyPond binaries themselves would be built by GUB.
>
> I think the files

Meaning the LilyPond binaries?

are taken from the packages previously built by GUB
> with their (transitive) dependencies.

That’s what I’d assume.

At least that's what the file
> gub/installer.py suggests.

Yes, although it seems to have a blacklist of files to delete rather than a
white
list of files to copy.

Not really sure why these are less than all
> in root/...

Not sure I understand what you mean here.

On another note: I’m starting to have the sense that no one currently
involved in the project really understands GUB.  Is that so?  If so, it’s
worrisome...

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser address@hidden http://www.marnen.org Sent from Gmail