Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 08:22:48 +0100 (CET)

>> It seems you have to set LDTL_LIBRARY_PATH.

Typo!  I mean LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH/

> I saw that, of course, but I’m not sure what that variable even is.
> In particular, I have no reason to believe that it affects Guile’s
> load path...but I’ll try it and see.

It's documented in the guile manual, being the path for extensions:

     A shared library can be loaded into a running Guile process with
  the function `load-extension'.  [...]

     For this to work, `load-extension' [...] will look in the places
  that are usual for your operating system, and it will additionally
  look into the directories listed in the `LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH'
  environment variable.

    Werner