Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 01:36:02 -0500

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 10:11 PM Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 1:44 PM Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden>
> wrote:

>>> the

>>> a GUB environment available); would you be willing to post the contents so
>>> I can do research on that?
>>>
>>> Sure, here it is.
>>>

>> Thanks!  I might add it to that Gist so everything is in one place.
>>

> I think I am very close to having a working 64-bit Mac .app bundle,
> probably about a day’s worth of work or less.  Then I have to come up with
> a good way of automating the process (my research notes and shell commands
> I’m using are also in that Gist I posted a link to).

And SUCCESS!  I have a working 64-bit Mac .app bundle build of LilyPond
2.19.83, and I just used it to typeset a chamber work of mine without
problems.  Build info (such as it is) is at the Gist at
https://gist.github.com/marnen/137b056d95b1c8400af8f823dced54f0 ; I'll be
putting this into a proper repo and automating it for CI (probably either
GitLab CI or Buildkite) soon.

I'd really appreciate fellow Mac users testing the build and reporting any
issues you find.  (Karlin? Carl?)  You can download it at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18b1nX5nJsBrzDBGqga9T753oCL8ilwqs ; it
should work on any recent version of Mac OS.  I'm particularly interested
in reports from Catalina users, but really, at this point, any information
is useful.

If it seems like it works, I'd recommend putting it on the website's
download page so that Mac users have something to work with...

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
address@hidden