Re: Cleanup initialization of configure process (issue 549350043 by addr

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Cleanup initialization of configure process (issue 549350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 06:48:44 -0800

On 2020/01/14 14:43:34, hahnjo wrote:
On 2020/01/14 14:29:38, Dan Eble wrote:
> On 2020/01/14 13:59:43, dak wrote:
> > On 2020/01/14 13:52:02, hahnjo wrote:
> > I am not overly happy that it makes for inoperative code in the
case of a
> > read-only repository that autogen.sh tries catering for.
>
> Thank you for calling this out, for I was not paying attention.  I
am
currently
> using a read-only view of the source directory in my build
environment.

> Please do not push this change yet.  I will review it shortly and
offer an
> opinion.

Sure, I'm not in a hurry to land this.
Could you maybe share how your build environment looks like to use a
read-only
view of the git repository?

I build in a Docker container.  ~/lilypond-src is a read-only view of
the git source tree.  ~/lilypond-build is the build directory.  This is
how I begin:

    cd ~/lilypond-build
    ~/lilypond-src/autogen.sh

https://codereview.appspot.com/549350043/