Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Looking for help in configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 10:08:13 +0000

Monday, January 20, 2020, 9:46:58 AM, Michael Käppler wrote:

Am 20.01.2020 um 10:34 schrieb Peter Toye:

Reposted with additions:

I'm slowly working my way through CG Section 2.1, but have reached an impasse.
In "Configuring LilyDev in VirtualBox". Step 1 tells me to "install Guest
Addition...". That's been changed to "Insert..." but that's obvious. The
VBoxGuestAdditions.iso CD is in the virtual drive, but it seems but there's no
autorun, and clicking on it merely asks if I want to eject it.

I've now worked out how to mount the CD, and I followed the instructions in the
VirtualBox FAQ page to install the missing bits. But when I try to install the
Guest Additions it says they're already installed. has the LilyDev distro
changed to include the Guest Additions? Because, if so, I can't get the shared
clipboard to work, and that's rather necessary for my setup.

Hi Peter, I did answer almost immediately: