packaging lilypond as a docker container?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: packaging lilypond as a docker container?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 22:37:39 +0100

What is the state of our binary releases? We currently have to
maintain GUB, and GUB builds are quite slow. Our apple story is even more
complicated, because of the Apple hardware requirement.

Wouldn't it be much more simple to build lilypond as a Docker application?

Then we could just offer a single binary to download, which windows/mac
users can run. We don't have to cross-compile the app which further reduces
build times. The containerized app is still hermetic, so we can be in full
control of the dependency versions