Re: Context paths (and the Edition Engraver)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Context paths (and the Edition Engraver)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 12:22:48 -0500

Hi Jan-Peter,

>> Not sure how much of a "crowd" we are…  ;)
> at least we are 2 :)

Well, how many more until we gain official "crowd" status?  =)

>> I agree on both points. (Perhaps one of my first contributions in 2020
>> should be a less-ambiguous set of documented examples for the EE?)
> that would of course be helpful, because my examples will always along
> my development ideas and not along a foreign users view ...

I’ll put it on my list. I’m wanting things to do with all this inspired energy,
but real development should (I believe) wait until after any big "process"
changes are complete… so I’m left with (1) learning Scheme, and (2)
documentation and examples.

>>   \editionMod my-edition 10 1/4 id-to-a-staff.Score \override …
> this works? I thought you'D need
>   \editionMod my-edition 10 1/4 id-to-a-staff \override Score.…

You are correct — apologies for my jet-lag-brain noise.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info