Re: gub fail/local-build-script/new bug?

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: gub fail/local-build-script/new bug?
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 19:13:16 -0500

On Jan 24, 2020, at 16:19, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> It may be enough to call GCC with --std=g++11 (?) option without
> updating GCC itself, but I don't really have an idea.

GUB is using GCC 4.9.4 [1].

I've compiled the following program with Compiler Explorer [2] using that
version of g++:

    #include <string>

    int main()
    {
      std::to_string(13);
      return 0;
    }

With the default command line, the compiler complains that "'to_string' is not
a member of 'std'".  After adding the option "-std=c++11", the program compiles.

In stepmake/stepmake/c++-vars.make, EXTRA_CXXFLAGS is defined with "-std=c++11"
in it, so I don't understand why Harm is having trouble.

Could something in GUB be overriding that option?
—
Dan

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-12/msg00072.html
[2] https://godbolt.org