Re: Doc: Correct and extend infos about LilyDev setup (issue 561360043 b

From: michael . kaeppler
Subject: Re: Doc: Correct and extend infos about LilyDev setup (issue 561360043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 02:54:41 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#oldcode103
> Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:103: specific option
choose @q{Linux
> 2.6/3.x/4.x (64-bit)}.
> Is it really '64 bit' in one case and '64-bit' in the other case?

No, you're right. It's always '64-bit'. Fixed.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode46
> Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:46: create it from the
sources
> located in the @code{/mkosi} subdirectory
> s/@code/@file/.

Slightly puzzled about this one. You suggested '@code' in your first
review, didn't you?

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode97

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode108
> Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:108: As VirtualBox does
not support
> the raw format, you'll have to
> The GNU documentation guidelines recommend to not use the future tense
if
> possible.
>
>   s/you'll have/you have/
>
> Please change similar occurrences of future tense, too.

Some future constructs were already there.
Done within the section I rewrote. (Hopefully I did not miss any)
Adjusting this for the whole chapter is another thing...

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode118
> Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:118: @warning{You will
need a fair
> amount of disk space (around 30 GB) to
> 30@tie{}GB

Is there a particular reason why you suggest to use '@tie{}' here
and @dmn{GB} for another occurrence of this dimension?
Just curious...

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode176
@q{lilzpond}
> on a German keyboard.}
> There is an eternal battle whether there is a comma or not after
'e.g.' (in the
> LilyPond documentation, we *do* use a comma).  However, I would
reformulate this

>   ... like @q{lilzpond} on a German keyboard, for example.

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode202
> Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:202: rights temporarily.
It will
> show you a warning message on it's first
> s/it's/its/

Urgh. Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode217

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode229
> Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:229: Finally, you should
run a setup
> script.  If you're on the command line
> The GNU documentation guidelines recommend to not use contractions, so
>
>   s/you're/you are/

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/575590043/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode231