Re: Doc: Correct and extend infos about LilyDev setup (issue 561360043 b

From: fedelogy
Subject: Re: Doc: Correct and extend infos about LilyDev setup (issue 561360043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 05:17:25 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/565550050/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/diff/565550050/Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi#newcode208
Documentation/contributor/quick-start.itexi:208: sufficient to choose
number@tie{}71 (Generic, 105 keys).  After that,
It seems it's not necessarily number 71. I would remove the number.
keyboards are sorted alphabetically so "Generic, 105 keys" is enough.

Here's what I see:

65. Generic 101-key PC
66. Generic 102-key (Intl) PC
67. Generic 104-key PC
68. Generic 105-key (Intl) PC

I've tried 68 but didn't seem to work. I had to go to the GUI settings
for the layout, disable system setting and remove the english from the
list, then adding new layouts worked fine. (Probably a bug in Debian or
XFCE? Honestly, I don't have time nor will to investigate.)

Anyway, to me the point is: doing trial and error in the GUI is way
better than having to follow the same procedure with dpkg-reconfigure.
So I'm not sure adding keyboard-configuration to LilyDev was a good
idea. I thought that it would have saved the user from guessing the
right layout but that's not the case, so there's no improvement over
previous situation AFAICS.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561360043/