Re: Clean up embedded scheme parsing/evaluation. (issue 577410045 by add

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Clean up embedded scheme parsing/evaluation. (issue 577410045 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:07:05 -0800

On 2020/01/31 18:33:09, hanwenn wrote:
> On 2020/01/31 18:22:47, Dan Eble wrote:
> > On 2020/01/31 17:52:45, hanwenn wrote:
> > > you can do a local alias
> > >
> > >   vector<> &v = *vec;
> > >
> > > to aid readability.
> >
> > The more I think about banning non-const reference parameters, the
more I'm
> > against it.  Google's coding standards may work for them, but their
rationale*
> > for this one is weak.  How can we resolve this disagreement quickly?
 Do you
> > simply have the final say as the project founder?
>
> Can we have this discussion on a thread separate from this code
review?
> I want this code to go in.

This code is a definite improvement in my book.  I like the names of the
functions, and it seems to me that eliminating the Pars_start class is
a good idea.

Han-Wen has responded well to comments (even making changes that are not
his preferred way of doing things).

This patch LGTM.

I would like to see some separate discussion about the status of Input
and the use of non-constant reference pointers.  But we shouldn't hold
up this patch to have that discussion.

Carl

https://codereview.appspot.com/577410045/