Re: Accidentals' font

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 02:07:26 +0200

I have to apologize for the tone I used.

What was wrong was the fact that my words sounded like absolute blaming to
someone/something.
But please, even if I was wrong with this tone (and I can confirm this
again and again):  understand that

1) My intention was absolutely not to blame anything of Lilypond: as I told
before, I consider the "bold"/plate approach of modern engraving as a
problem for the readability of *all* the music engraving of any
software/company.
Lilypond itself has nothing to do with this (nor Feta has to do with it:
it's simply a general rule, which I think derives from commercial reasons).

2) My intention was absolutely not to press developers/maintainers to
develop anything. My idea was, instead, to show how good it could be to use
what I consider an *impressive* work *already done* by someone else. Just
link it, do not develop anything.

That's all. This is not a way to say: "I was wrong/bad but you were wrong
too". It's just a clarification of my intention. The tone used produced the
opposite reaction.
Also: don't consider too much what I wrote. It's not important what I
wrote; what deserves attention is, instead, the work behind this font.
Please look at it!

In any case, I'll continue to contribute to the project, with my tools.
I'm pretty sure I can release a pretty tool for doing insane things with
piano scores.
Then, even if with no feedback, I'll publish many examples in the next few
days, hoping they could be useful (as Lilypond was and is useful for me)

Sincerily,