Re: Accidentals' font

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 19:33:15 -0700

On 2020-07-07 5:07 pm, Paolo Prete wrote:
I have to apologize for the tone I used.

What was wrong was the fact that my words sounded like absolute blaming to
someone/something.

At the end of the day, all of us can benefit from learning to be more aware of how our words may be perceived.

I cannot find the original source, but I had heard it said the one time you can be certain someone is lying to you is when they begin by assuring you they are not lying.

So one bit of advice I can offer is the moment you preface a comment with a caveat, such as "I don't mean to sound <blank>, but...", stop right there and reflect. More often than we probably care to admit, such a disclaimer is an outright fabrication. I might say I do not mean it but in reality I very much mean it and am looking for any cheap excuse to get away with it.

It should be recognized there is value in writing out how you truly feel providing you have the mental wherewithal to not to actually post it. After venting pent-up frustrations, select that text and hit delete knowing your mind is now in a better place. When you begin writing again, it should hopefully be easier to communicate your thoughts in an actionable and positive manner.

-- Aaron Hill