Re: GSoC 2020: Shape-note notehead encoding

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: Shape-note notehead encoding
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 21:28:02 +0200

On 2020-07-21 5:39 pm, Owen Lamb wrote:
corpuses (corpori?)

Off-topic: "corpora" is the plural in English.  Though while "corpuses" is not technically correct, I would have no problem understanding it.

Yes, Latin would prescribe corpora as the plural of corpus, oris due to it being a neutral noun − although the relevance of this rule is questionable since in a Latin sentence, it would also depend on how this word is used.

Funny story about a sort-of congressman opposing a draft bill: “Non possumus! he emphatically claimed, And I'll add, Non possumi! because I'm not the only one thinking so.”

Tentative translation: “We cannot! And I'll add, we cannots, because I'm not…”.

Hope humor helps things progress,
Jean