Re: master segfault

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: master segfault
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 13:05:26 -0400

On Jul 22, 2020, at 12:51, James Lowe <pkx166h@posteo.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 22/07/2020 17:32, Dan Eble wrote:
>> I get a segfault when I try to make test-baseline @
>> fdf60f1462340bc663846e3efde352408def8f5f.
>
> Not me. :/
>
> I just (now) ran through a set of make, make test-basline and make check on
> current master:HEAD (which that hash refers to) without adding any MR.
>
> I know that is not technically useful to everyone Dan but it seems it might
> be something specific to your environment.

It's a heisenbug.  It isn't the random seed itself that makes a difference,
just the fact that things are done differently now.  Using different
optimization flags makes a difference too.  I enabled ubsan and it detected
badness slightly earlier than the segfault, but not early enough that I have
any idea what might have gone wrong or when.
—
Dan