Re: resuming contribution at gitlab

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: resuming contribution at gitlab
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 18:23:16 +0100

Hi Malte,

Am Mittwoch, dem 23.12.2020 um 16:52 +0100 schrieb Malte Meyn:
> Hi list,
>
> after drowning my laptop in April and not having time to contribute
> since then I’m back again. I’d like to finish my work on issue 5611 but
> I’ve missed the move to gitlab and the nearing 2.22. IIUC, I should
>
> 1. request and wait for commit access

I've invited mmeyn to the lilypond group.

> 2. then push my work to a branch called dev/something

You can (preferably putting something related to your user name after
dev/), but you can also fork the project and push a branch there. Not
much changes, except that it's your totally private space, up to you.

> 3. finally create a merge request
> 4. and in this special case add the label Patch::needs_work because I
> still need help with a convert-ly rule and I’m not sure about what I
> have to do regarding documentation
>
> Is this correct?

Yes.

> If so, is there someone who could grant me (mmeyn at
> gitlab) commit access and/or help with the 4th point above?

Done. For the 4th point, just set the label after creating the MR which
triggers the bot to add Patch::new 😉 (note: setting it while creating
the MR will not work, the bot will override it)

Regards
Jonas