Re: design decision needed - how to render "Used properties" for markup-

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: design decision needed - how to render "Used properties" for markup-(list-)commands
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 14:13:11 +0100

Am 03.01.2021 um 10:19 schrieb Thomas Morley:
Hi,
Hi Harm,
currently https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/588
is tagged 'needs design', because there are proposals to change the
style how the "Used properties" for markup-(list-)commands should
print in NR.
I've manually [*] created a html-file to demonstrate the default and
the so far made suggestions.
See attached.

Opinions?
I would not call this a design decision. For me, a design decision would
imply
that you change (or initiate) something with fundamental consequences to
other parts
of the software. Something that can not be changed later without a lot
of effort.
The formatting we're discussing about can be changed in 5 minutes.
So I would propose that you just take the style you like most and go on.
If someone has strong feelings about this, he or she can speak up now.

Anyway, MR 588 is more a bugfix. Thus I'd prefer not to entangle a
bug-fix with a new design, but to open a new issue or MR for the
latter
+1

Thanks,
   Harm

[*] I wrote a short .texi-file and used texi2html.
Using texi2pdf aborts. same with texi2any --pdf
No clue why.
Would you mind sharing the failing file with us? :)

Cheers,
Michael