Re: running `make grand-replace`

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: running `make grand-replace`
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:41:34 +0100 (CET)

>> We should run `make grand-replace` to update all copyright years.
>> Since this is a completely mechanical thing to do, I suggest to
>> submit the MR, wait until a build was successful, then immediately
>> merging and committing it, bypassing the normal reviewing cycle.
>> This should minimize the hassles with additional rebasing of future
>> MRs.
>>
>> Objections?
>
> Sounds good.

OK, done.

> On a related note, I think I'll also bump the years of user-visible
> messages in stable/2.22 to say 2021 instead of 2020.  I forgot this
> for 2.22.0, but we can have it for a potential bugfix release.  Does
> this make sense?

Yes, it does.  However, the `grand-replace.py` script updates *all*
occurrences of copyright strings, contrary to the gnulib script
`update-copyright`, which only updates the first one.  It is thus
possible that this problem is gone.

Of course, the translation teams should now handle the `.po` files in
due course to complete the copyright issue update.

    Werner