Re: State of LilyPond with Guile 2.2

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: State of LilyPond with Guile 2.2
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 13:24:48 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 17.04.2021 um 12:02 +0200 schrieb Thomas Morley:
> Above was meant to get a default build, i.e. without compiled .go-files.
> Though, it's not entirely clear to me how to enable compiling those files.
> Am I correct that
> GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=1
> is not an option while running configure, but will happen lateron by
> running some ly-file with
> GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=1 ./out/bin/lilypond some-file.ly
> ?

Yes, correct. Although you probably can set the variable in your
environment while running 'make', the important thing is that you start
up LilyPond once with that variable set. This will compile the files
into out/share/lilypond/current/guile/ccache as a cache for the
absolute path of the .scm files. To "install" them (and make the files
independent of where the .scm files live), you'll need to copy the
files into .../lib/lilypond/2.23.3/lily/ and change the extension from
.scm.go to .go.

Cheers
Jonas