Re: Building in WSL

From: James
Subject: Re: Building in WSL
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 09:11:41 +0000

Hello,

On 17/06/2021 11:44, Kevin Barry wrote:
Hi James,

I cannot even get autogen.sh to run!

-bash: ./autogen.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

This appears to be caused by a line ending difference betwen *nix and
Windows.

That's odd; did you clone the repo from within WSL or from Windows?

mingw64 git bash actually.

But, sure enough if I clone from within WSL I don't get the problem. Thanks for the hint.

Ugh. So much for WSL. I keep running into issues like this and yet some
people keep insisting to me that WSL == Linux (or as good as).

I resorted to using WSL out of desperation on a system where I can't
get the wifi to work on Linux. I was able to develop on LilyPond more
or less unhindered (until I checked again recently). If you have a
Linux system there's no reason to use WSL (IMO).

Quite.

James