Re: Building in WSL

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Building in WSL
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 19:52:46 +0100

> > I resorted to using WSL out of desperation on a system where I can't
> > get the wifi to work on Linux. I was able to develop on LilyPond more
> > or less unhindered (until I checked again recently). If you have a
> > Linux system there's no reason to use WSL (IMO).
>
> Quite.

The final irony in my case (and why I haven't had to use WSL recently)
was that I managed to figure out that my wifi woes in Linux were
actually caused by Windows: the fast boot/startup feature leaves the
wifi card in a partially powered state that (apparently) only it can
revive it from. I wasted a lot of time troubleshooting thanks to that.

Kevin