Re: Mailing list for translations

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 08:16:15 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 24.06.2021 um 01:02 +0200 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> On Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 17:53:05 +0200, Jean Abou Samra
> <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
> > Yes. And on GitLab, if this turned out to be a significant
> > problem, we could also add a "Translation" label, and
> > let translators use the "Subscribe to label" feature.
> >
> > https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2016/04/13/feature-highlight-subscribe-to-label/
>
> This is a good idea.
> Labels can be applied to issues and MR too. I might subscribe to the
> Translation label and track only that to help when I can.

I agree, using only lilypond-devel and GitLab sounds like a good way
forward. We already have a "Translation" label, just need to use it.
And we should probably document the new workflows in the CG...

While at it, we might also want to colorize our existing labels - there
should be more than just blue 🙂 I'd imagine red-ish colors for Crash,
Critical, Defect, and Regression; orange for Collision, Ugly, and
Warning; green for Enhancement, Maintainability, and Performance; and
maybe gray-ish for categories like Scripts, Translation, etc.?

Jonas