Re: Obsolete labels

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Obsolete labels
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 09:57:58 -0400

On Jun 26, 2021, at 09:09, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond
development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> while colorizing the labels (let me know what you think of the first
> stage!)

Do you mind if I adjust the Patch labels to increase contrast?  It's especially
low in Patch:countdown.

> , I noticed that there are some obsolete ones that should be
> deleted:
>
> * Task: I *think* this comes from "Type: Task" on SourceForge and
> never had issues.
> * Cant_verify: As we don't do verification anymore, I don't think
> there's much gain from labeling one open and two closed issues.
> * Frog: Does this still provide value?

OK to delete.

> Furthermore, the following labels have very few issues. I'd propose we
> delete them because having less labels will make it easier to find the
> right one:
>
> * Encoding: one closed issue about BOM signatures, fixed in 2.15.10
> * Dynamics: one open issue, title mentions dynamics
> * Autochange: one open issue, "Enhancement: autochange improvements"
> * Tablature: one open & one closed issue, titles mention tablatures

OK to delete.

> Moreover, I find issues in Emmentaler, Font_handling and Glyph_handling
> very confusing

No comment.

> Lastly, I don't like "-Wconversion" because it starts with a hyphen and
> is very specific. Can we rename this to "Compiler warnings" or just re-
> label the issues and MRs into Build and / or Maintainability?

I think of "Build" as makefiles and other infrastructure--nothing to do with
the C++, Scheme, or Metafont code itself.

I would at least rename "-Wconversion" to "Compiler warnings."  I'm not sure
about merging it with "Maintainability."
—
Dan