Re: PATCHES - Countdown for June 30th

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for June 30th
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:31:02 +0200

Hi all,

as some might have noticed, our CI setup isn't fully working and most
jobs, if not all, are processed by the rather slow shared runners. I'm
still not sure about the reasons, but neither Dan's nor my runner are
"quick" enough to get a job dispatched to them. Because we have a good
number of patches to push today, I've temporarily disabled the shared
runners for the project so it's not taking forever.

The downside, and the reason why we cannot keep it this way, is that
this setting is copied over for new forks, so external contributors'
pipelines would fail because they have no runners to process them. I
find it rather nasty to add another step for them to click through 4
pages in the settings to re-enable them... Anyway, I personally think
our productivity for a single day matters more than the slight chance
of somebody forking right in this time span.

Jonas