Re: SMuFL name mapping update, 9 July

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: Re: SMuFL name mapping update, 9 July
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 15:44:20 -0700

Hi Werner,
* Regarding `noteheads.uM2`, I don't see a problem with removing the
   hard-coded stems.

That's good to hear. If we do, though, we'll have to reconcile breve/longa sidebars with Lily's customizable stems. I'm thinking we keep our breve glyphs for SMuFL compatibility, but in LP itself we draw breves and longas as noteheads.s0 with primitive sidebars. If folks want to use a specific breve glyph (i.e. if a breve's sidebars have a certain style the user doesn't want to part with), we make that a settable option.

For now, unless anyone wants to take that up themselves, I'll just mark it to be done later and keep moving along with the name mapping.

* I think that the five Bravura glyphs can all be aliases for
   `noteheads.s2xcircle`.  The differences are really marginal, AFAICS.

Good point. They look kinda different when you zoom in, but considering noteheads.s2xcircle is used for every note value anyway, it just makes sense.

Owen