Re: Problem

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Problem
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 11:49:35 +0200

An Mac .app bundle is self-contained, with everything it needs inside it.
That’s why you can place anywhere in your files hierarchy and there can’t be
conflicts with other applications, including other versions of the same .app.

In particular, the LilyPond .app bundle contains the python version to be used
with it:
jacquesmenu@macmini: ~ > ls -sal
/Applications/LilyPondWithLilyjazzFont.app/Contents/MacOS
total 248
  0 drwxr-xr-x@  4 jacquesmenu  admin    128 Feb 12  2017 .
  0 drwxr-xr-x@ 18 jacquesmenu  admin    576 Jun 27  2017 ..
184 -rwxr-xr-x@  1 jacquesmenu  admin  92080 Feb 12  2017 LilyPond
 64 -rwxr-xr-x@  1 jacquesmenu  admin  29564 Feb 12  2017 python

I didn’t know, though, that moving it other that with the Finder (in the
terminal with mv, for example) would raise issues in the recent, 64 bit only OS
versions.

The LilyPond executable inside it can be launched thru its access path and used
in Frescobaldi… provided it can run on the given architecture:

jacquesmenu@macmini: ~ >
/Applications/LilyPondWithLilyjazzFont.app/Contents/MacOS/LilyPond
-bash: /Applications/LilyPondWithLilyjazzFont.app/Contents/MacOS/LilyPond: Bad
CPU type in executable

I currently use this version, which is not part of any .app bundle:

jacquesmenu@macmini: ~ > type lilypond
lilypond is /opt/local/bin/lilypond

jacquesmenu@macmini: ~ > lilypond --version
GNU LilyPond 2.22.1

Copyright (c) 1996--2021 by
  Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@xs4all.nl>
  Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>
  and others.

This program is free software.  It is covered by the GNU General Public
License and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.  Invoke as `lilypond --warranty' for more
information.

JM