Re: Cairo plans

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Cairo plans
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 10:22:20 +0100

On Fri, 2021-09-03 at 09:15 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-09-02 at 20:19 +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 4:32 PM Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.c
> > om
> > > wrote:
>
> [...]
> > > presume the \path command is speaking in staff spaces while the
> > > border
> > > box needs to be drawn within the edges of the page ...
> >
> > The standard staff size is 20pt, so 5pt to a staffspace, which is
> > 1.757mm
>
> Thank you! Previously I just hard-coded values for A4 paper but I
> would
> like to do it properly this time. I notice (peeking in scm/paper.scm)
> that there is a Scheme symbol staff-space that holds this value, but
> don't suppose there is a documented way of retrieving this value -
> someone writing Lilypond by hand would not need it. In practice the
> name is good enough I guess...

No sooner have I written that than I found a heap of documentation
("internals") in which was:

 staff-space (dimension, in staff space)

    Amount of space between staff lines, expressed in global staff-
space.

Not that this makes much sense -  dimension, in staff space ... staff-
space expressed in global staff-space?

Richard