musicxml2ly: import chordnames attached to empty measures or whole rests

From: address@hidden
Subject: musicxml2ly: import chordnames attached to empty measures or whole rests?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 13:37:11 -0700

Hello!
It seems that musicxml2ly won't create a chordname if the corresponding
harmony element in the musicxml file is attached to an empty whole rest
measure. Works just fine with a chord symbol attached to a single quarter
rest, for example, even in a measure of only quarter rests. Would a simple
modification to the musicxml2ly python file fix this? I've modified other
things successfully in that file so I don't mind trying on my own if anyone
has a hint.  Attached are the two different cases I've mentioned.
Thanks very much.
Leonard