Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 15:04:19 -0500

Hi Werner,

>> For my first official patch as a Lily-dev, I’m proposing to make the
>> result of <https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=642> an official
>> #'style in TimeSignature.
>
> It would be nice to see some real-world examples in printed scores.
> Do you have links for that?

The most famous one is Carmina Burana (see, for example,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMr5b46Y5ws). It’s *slightly* different, in
that the TSes are above the staff, printed as actual “vulgar fractions”… but
that would be a separate [later] enhancement to this feature.

I’ll look for other examples and forward them.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info