Re: Manipulating instrument names and staff group names

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Manipulating instrument names and staff group names
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 21:13:20 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 07.11.2021 um 15:59 -0500 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> > "Defect" is for problems within the "core program",
> > which means either C++ or Scheme. I would argue that those two are not
> > really separable in most cases
>
> Does that mean for someone like me — with a fighting chance of Scheme-ing,
> but very little chance of ever C++-ing — there are very few
> [non-documentation] issues I can likely fix?

Not necessarily, let me elaborate what I had in mind when I wrote the
above; for the record, I'm referring to issues as reports from users
saying that something crashes / broke / isn't working as expected.
For those issues, I think a fair amount will actually require C++
knowledge; if not for fixing, then at least for understanding how many
of the internals are working and how Scheme fits in. This is not to say
that there are none that are entirely solvable in Scheme, but that it
will be hard to stamp them as such without going 80% of the way to
solve them.

The story may be a bit different for new features where it's about
adding new code.

My 2 cents, others might disagree.

Jonas