Re: compiling MacOS application in LilyDev

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: compiling MacOS application in LilyDev
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 20:26:19 +0100

> On 9 Nov 2021, at 19:06, Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Hans,
>
>> One can make installers with MacPorts, I posted some on the users list.
>
> I found that thread — helpful!
>
> I tried, and got:
>
> Error: …

You tried what? Making your own installer from MacPorts? —The ones I do install
in /opt/lilypond/, and you use /opt/lilypond/ it looked like. The location I
use is suggested by the FHS (file hierarchy standard) and Werner.

One issue is that /opt/lilypond/bin/ must be in PATH, otherwise some programs
like 'gs' will not be called.

I can post the steps I use to make the installer if you so want.

It might be of interest if you try making a universal installer, but it would
likely involve getting touch with the MacPorts people for help.