Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 19:54:51 -0500

Hi David,

> If it becomes impossible to see what the author actually wants
> because there is so much overlap in how the arguments
> could be interpreted, where is the advantage?

I agree 100%.

But that doesn’t lead inevitably to your implied conclusion that such a
function can’t exist — in a robust creative environment, it leads to an effort
to find a way to present the arguments in a way which is unambiguous to both
humans and computers. In other words, your inability to instantaneously imagine
such a presentation shouldn’t impede the effort of others who might be able to
do so.

> This is just "I want the computer to typeset what I mean, not what I say".

Nope!

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)