Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 08:53:47 -0800

On 2021-11-13 8:22 am, David Kastrup wrote:
Time_signature_performer does not have access to a grob.

Sure, but how is that relevant? This discussion is regarding a cosmetic issue. As I see it, Time_signature_performer would not need to care as long as the normal Timing properties are well set.

2. make-time-signature-set is the callback for TimeSignatureMusic.
   This callback processes the information from TimeSignatureMusic and
   sets various timing-related context properties.  Additionally, a
   time-signature-event is broadcast, although nothing currently
   listens for this event.

Huh?

$ git grep listen_time_signature
lily/time-signature-engraver.cc: void listen_time_signature (Stream_event *);
lily/time-signature-engraver.cc:Time_signature_engraver::listen_time_signature
(Stream_event *ev)
lily/time-signature-performer.cc: void listen_time_signature (Stream_event *);
lily/time-signature-performer.cc:Time_signature_performer::listen_time_signature
(Stream_event *ev)

I did say I took a quick look through the code. Ultimately, I misread a comment about missing iterators as missing listeners. I found no references to time-signature-event because I forgot that in C++ that becomes listen_time_signature. And my fast review of time-signature-engraver.cc was overly focused on process_music.

-- Aaron Hill