Re: towards a 'normal' Emmentaler font

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: towards a 'normal' Emmentaler font
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 10:34:02 +0100

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 10:26 AM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> I think (2) might be the route to go.  Comments?

semi-related: what about the Y dimension (depth?). For accidentals,
the glyph is centered on the center of the notehead, but for
integrating with text, it should typically be centered on 0.5ex ?

My suggestion: make the font bboxes/advance widths work well to
integrate with text, and use an auxiliary table (ie. a lisp) to
specify the center of the glyph for musical purposes. I think that is
your option (3).

Finally, for integrating with text, should we have a different sizing
scheme? (could we make it so emmentaler 20pt matches with Times New
Roman 20pt?)

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen