Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 01:43:32 +0100

On Fri, Dec 3 2021 at 19:17:19 +0100, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:
here are the binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2, created
exactly with the scripts contained in the official source tar:
https://gitlab.com/hahnjo/lilypond/-/packages/4049140
(For now I've published them on my repo, but I can also add them to the
official one and link it from the GitLab release if people think so.)

Hi Jonas

I'd like to use these binaries (when they become official) in Frescobaldi flatpak package, which bundles lilypond stable and unstable. Frescobaldi flatpak is available for x86_64 and aarch64, so I would need also the aarch64/ARM64 binary of lilypond.

I know you want to build natively and you don't have an ARM64 machine to build it.
Any chance you can use for example Github runners to build them?

https://github.community/t/ask-about-github-hosted-runners-arm64-platform-support/167483
https://docs.github.com/en/actions/hosting-your-own-runners/about-self-hosted-runners#supported-architectures-and-operating-systems-for-self-hosted-runners