Re: Should \partial accept music instead of duration?

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Should \partial accept music instead of duration?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 09:13:00 +0100

Entirely replacing the actual syntax would not be desirable in my opinion.
Consider the case when it is used in a “global” part/variable in an orchestral
score that usually contains rehearsal marks, tempo, key and time signature
changes and such. As I understand it having \partial to accept only music as
argument would have to move to each part, which would introduce unnecessary
typing and disrupt the logic of the structure. Sure it can be worked around,
but I would see it as a step backwards. Or have I misunderstood?