Re: LilyPond 2.23.9 released

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.9 released
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 18:09:23 +0200

On Sat, 2022-05-21 at 09:03 -0700, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> Hi Jonas;
>
>   I think that the Rosetta tool only works for x86-64 binaries that
> were built for Micro$oft.
>
>   When I try the method as outlined at
> https://www.imore.com/how-identify-intel-based-apps-m1-mac
>   I don't see any way to select a different execution method (such as
> Rosetta).

No, as far as I understand Rosetta is automatic: Whenever you try to
execute a binary that was built for "Intel" Macs (nothing to do with
Microsoft), macOS will do the translation on the fly. Can you just try
that, ie download the darwin-x86_64 package, extract it and see how it
goes?

>   I, obviously, don't know much about this, so it is likely that I am
> missing something here.
>
>   In general, I think it would be a good idea to support Apple Silicon
> directly soon, as there will be more requests for it.

I agree.

Jonas