Re: RFC on MR 1368

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: RFC on MR 1368
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 08:02:10 +0200

I have had many similarly exhausting discussions before, so I
empathize (it is also the reason that I paused my contributions
recently.)

I would go with Werner's choices here; as the Freetype author, he is
the expert on font features and technology.

>From the MR:

> I equally object to any contribution being merged "because the author knows
> what he's doing".

I object to reviewers blocking contributions just because they have a
strong opinion on how things should be done. In this case, Jonas has
made 0 contributions to the MF code, so I don't think his concerns
should be overriding.

If Jonas feels really strongly about how the kerning should be
handled, I invite him to teach himself the joys of Metafont and try
his hand at a follow-up MR.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen