Re: where's the right margin

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: where's the right margin
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:19:25 -0400

    >> My specific problem is that when I set something as "\flushright", it
    >> sticks out quite a ways to the right of the end of the lilypond music
    >> line, and I want it to be flush with the end of the lilypond music
    >> line.

    Mats> The line width in Lilypond is determined by the linewidth paper
    Mats> variable, but in lilypond-book this is set automatically to be
    Mats> the save as the LaTeX \linewidth.

Where is it set?  Because changing \linewidth doesn't seem to change
anything at all about the look of my document.

    Mats> I tried to add a \raggedleft declaration (equivalent
    Mats> to a flushright environment) at the top of
    Mats> Documentation/user/latex-lilypond-example.latex and it does
    Mats> give right aligned music examples, at least almost all of
    Mats> them.

It doesn't cause my \flushright things to be aligned with the right
edge of the music.

    Mats> I'm not if this is the situation you referred to, maybe it's best
    Mats> if you send an example, so we know what we are discussing.

I'm putting lilypond file (which come in without the headers) into a
latex document.  And I actually want to print the composer name in the
usual place.  There is probably a more sophisticated way to do this,
but I would have thought:

\newcommand{\composer}[1]{\begin{flushright}{\textsl{#1}}\end{flushright}}
\composer{Georg Phillip Telemann}

would have done the trick, and it doesn't look right.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139