Re: Newer build...

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Newer build...
Date: 27 Aug 2001 23:21:24 +0200

Jérémie Lumbroso <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Jérémie,

>   I'd like to know if you can easily create a tarball of the
>   lastest  stable  and  development versions (1.4.7 & 1.5.7)

Yes, there'll be a new 1.4.7 in about a week.  If all goes well, I'll
have real internet access again this weekend.

>   for Windows, of if you can't, tell me if the setup program
>   already  installed  everything needed for me to compile my
>   own (apart from the compiler).

Compiling under Windows should be possible, but it's not easy.  In
short, you need a full GNU development system.  You'll need the
development stuff from Cygnus (simply run Cygnus' setup.exe), you'll
need to compile Guile (using the patch that comes with the lilypond
cross build scripts
http://lilypond.org/gnu-windows/latest/cross.tar.gz, or using a recent
Guile from cvs (won't work with 1.4.7)), and you'll need a full
working set of TeX tools.

So it's probably easier to install Linux and cross compile for now.

Greetings,
Jan.