Re: Lyrics without addlyrics

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Lyrics without addlyrics
Date: 11 Jan 2002 10:19:04 +0100

Ben McGunigle <address@hidden> writes:

> Where do I find the docs on using lyrics without \addlyrics?

I'm afraid I can't find any doc on that, that should be fixed.  The
reason is probably that it works just like other simultaneous staffs:

    \score{
      <
        \context Staff \notes\relative c'' {
          c4 c8 c c
          c c c c4
        }
        \context Lyrics \lyrics {
           hi4 _8 _ there
           hi _8*2 there

> I need to
> insert a sizeable rest/space in the lyrics line. r and s obviously won't
> work.  \addlyrics is too limiting for what I wish to do (part
> homophonic, part polyphonic).

But maybe addlyrics could also work for you:

    \score{
      \addlyrics
        \context Staff \notes\relative c'' {
          c c c c